The weather in Bangalore is turning better by the day. I cannot say the same about the traffic though. A great setting for the IFBMeet, 2014. Gosh, none of us can stop talking or gushing about it, can we? A strong cups of masala chai and these baked samosas are just what we crave for in this weather. Welcoming all participants with hot masala chai and these scrumptious, guilt free, absolutely delicious baked sweet corn and raisin samosas.
- Contains wheat, NOT suitable for people with gluten intolerance.
- Does not contain dairy, nuts, soya, peanuts.
Preparation Time – 30 minutes, Cooking Time – 20 minutes+20 minutes baking time, Makes – 16-18 samosas.
- Samosa Patties – 16-18
- Sweet corn kernels – 1 heaped cup
- Golden Raisins – 1/2 cup
- Potato – boiled and mashed – 1/2 cup
- Onion – diced – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies – 4
- Coriander leaves – chopped – 3 tbsp
- Coriander seeds (sabut dhania) – 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Maida (APF) – 3 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 3 tsp
- Microwave the sweet corn for 2 minutes at high power.
- Finely mince the onions, green chillies, coriander leaves.
- Boil 1 small potato, mash well and use 1/2 cup of mash.
- Warm up the dhania and saunf seeds, powder roughly in mixer.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add onions, green chillies. Fry well until turning pink to brown (about 5 minutes.) Tip in microwaved corn and raisins. Add in mashed potato too. Next, add salt, powdered spice, garam masala powder, minced coriander leaves.
- Mix well over high flame, remove from flame after 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Make a thick slurry with maida and 2 tbsp water.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Peel a single samosa patti from the bunch, fold into a conical shape from one end. Use this video to learn how to fill a samosa patti.
- Place 1 heaped tsp of filling inside, fold into triangle and brush maida slurry to seal the edges well.
- Repeat with rest of patties dividing the filling equally.
- Use the remaining 2 tsp oil to brush all sides of samosas. Place on a greased baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes or more until they turn golden brown.
- Serve warm with a hot cup of tea and enjoy!